Pages

9.11.2014

Dworshak


Last week we had a family reunion with my dad's side of the family. We don't get to see each other as much as we would like, which makes these reunions pretty special.
We drove about 15 hours to get up to my aunt and uncle's house in Lewiston. I got to sleep in a princess bed (which I fell out of one morning. The sheets were slippery. That's my excuse.)
We also went to Dworshak Dam to take a tour. It was about an hour and a half walk to the middle of the dam and back. I don't remember anything that the lady was saying. It was windy and I walk slow. I do remember repeating "Dworshak" in my head a million times because I think it's a super cool word.


Our reunions are always amazing. This one was no different. In fact, I think this might be the most memorable yet.
Some little kid decided to get the flu, and then spread it on to other family members. One by one...we started falling to the unpleasantness that is heaving over a toilet. One morning, all the bathrooms were full, which left my mom frantically scurrying around with a bucket in her hand yelling for someone to hurry up.
I was throughly entertained.
Apart from all the bodily fluids...we all had a fantastic time. There's always food and there's always laughing. Full body laughs that come from the gut and make you want to pee your pants and make your head pound.
I do wish that we all lived closer so that getting together wasn't so difficult.

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss reading this back then??
    Love you guys so much!! Miss having you here!!

    ReplyDelete