Pages

11.06.2013

the Grateful Month

I've been sitting here, writing and re-writing this post and nothing is coming out the way that I want. I wrote a paragraph or so venting about everything that has been frustrating me lately.
As therapeutic as it is to vent...it would be super boring for you (or all my imaginary friends that read this) to read. 
So instead of venting...It's November!!!
The Grateful Month.
30 out of the 365 days of the year we all become incredibly grateful for things we usually gripe about.
I think I do a pretty good job of mixing up the complaints and the gratitude throughout the year. A ton of people are doing the "Thankful Days" and saying what they're grateful for each day this month.
I'm not doing that. I'm lazy.  
Grateful....but lazy.
I'll just end up writing:
I'm thankful for potato chips. 
Which I am. Especially after I've devoured a bag of chocolate chips and need something salty to cut through the cavities I just gave myself.
But I don't know if that's the point. 
I do want to write about what I'm thankful for right now though, because there are SO many things that are going well for me. The last few months I've been implementing a ton of changes in my life and I'm excited about the person I'm becoming. I'm learning to work with my OCD instead of fighting it. I'm meeting the goals I've made for myself. I've gotten better at parallel parking, and I think we're all thankful for that.
I have a job to go to where people give me candy. My parents haven't kicked me out of their house yet even though I eat all their food and leave my dirty clothes in the bathroom sometimes. And I'm flossing way more than I used to.
I'll go ahead and start one of my New Years resolutions early and work on not complaining so much.
I can't promise I won't vent every now and then, but I'll try and have a more positive perspective on things. Except movie prices. How do they expect me to spend money on popcorn and soda if I spend my life savings on the ticket?!? Lame.

On another unrelated note: I keep forgetting I'm vegetarian. I had a Costco hot dog on my way home from work tonight because I was beyond hangry. My gut is full....but now it's just angry.
Good move, Chelsea. 


No comments:

Post a Comment