Pages

10.29.2013

Halloween

It's October. The time for jack-o-lanterns, candy and scary movies.
I'm a wuss when it comes to scary movies....as we learned from my last post. I employ all the pitiful ways to watch them: The Long Blink, the Finger Fan, The Eye Squint etc.
Yet, in the spirit of Halloween, I decided to give scary movies another try. I don't know why, exactly.
I do this every year and every year I lie to myself.
"It won't be that scary."
"It will be fun!"
False.
I should have known that this year would be no different.
I revisited Halloween a few days ago. It was on T.V. and I figured it was a great time to face my fears.
I watched it.
With all the lights on.
And only through my peripherals.
I just didn't have the fortitude to keep my eyes looking directly at the screen. It took me a while to really get in to the movie. I kept switching the channel when the scary music started playing. I watched a good chunk of the original and was proud of myself. It turned out that there was a marathon of all the Halloween movies so I figured.....why not watch more? My heart rate is already elevated....all this adrenaline might help me lose a few pounds. So I continued to watch, and the fear eventually subsided enough to where I could actually look at the screen.
Turns out, the movies aren't that bad.
You know what, though?
I'm still scared of the dark.
And curtain-less windows.
In fact, I closed all my curtains when I went to bed and considered barricading my closet shut with my bookcase.
But that would've been too much work....and I was already safely under my covers. I wasn't going to risk the chance of something under my bed grabbing me when I got up.
Besides...I had my nightlight.....

No comments:

Post a Comment