Pages

10.07.2013

Ticket For One Please

I love movies. There's only a small handful of movies I don't like.
What are they? I can't remember.
I'm a BIG fan of Netflix, Hulu and popping a DVD in on Friday night (or in my case, whenever the heck I feel like it), however, there's just something about watching a movie in a theater.
I love the anticipation, when the lights dim and surround sound comes on, feeling the energy in a room of people who are all watching the same thing, laughing along with perfect strangers. Sometimes crying. And the beauty of that is when you start crying, its dark and no one can see your ugly-drool-cry.
It's exciting.
And popcorn at the theater is way better than microwave (although I prefer air-popped, in case you were wondering).

So I love movies. And I love going to the movies. Even when I go alone.
Once I get past the fact that I waited in line alone, bought my ticket from an Angsty Teen, walked past the popcorn counter because I can't afford a movie AND popcorn, and sat in a room where it felt like everyone was staring at me because I was alone....I had a great time.
I caught up on my Draw Something Free on my phone while I waited in line. Awesome.
I realized no one was looking at me because I was alone.
No one cares.
I sat where I wanted and I totally brought gummy worms and my own Dr. Pepper so I didn't starve during the 90 minute film.
I enjoyed the movie and the best part, was there was no one to ask me questions about the plot that hadn't even been unveiled yet.
And no one saw me spill my soda down my shirt.
The Angsty Teen glared at me on my way out, but I used to have 40 different teens glare at me every hour...having only one was a nice change.

I still enjoy going to see movies with friends, especially when they are the ones buying the popcorn.
Just kidding. I don't use my friends for food.
But seriously....I like free popcorn. 
Nevertheless, I have no problem going by myself. I'm a pretty good date.
Maybe next time I'll buy me dinner beforehand.




No comments:

Post a Comment