Pages

2.16.2015

Home Furnishings

There's nothing I love more than walking around IKEA in the middle of the week, pretending to be able to furnish my home. I pick out different rugs and couches, find a new bed frame...pick out my dream kitchen. 
Unfortunately, I walk out of there with only a few hangers and lamp.
The only piece of furniture I've ever owned was a junky dresser I fixed up and eventually had to discard when I moved. Every place I've lived either came furnished, borrowed, or I made due without. For example, I had a completely empty living room for almost my entire Las Vegas experience. 
The moving around business makes it difficult to own nice (un-dented) things. This past move to Utah, I only brought my clothes, a few books and some art supplies. 
I don't mind the "minimalist" approach to my living. It definitely makes it easier to move around. 
And we all know I'm probably not done moving. 







No comments:

Post a Comment